21 February - 4 March 2022
Full spectrum SCA training
Toro will host a full spectrum of the Specialty Coffee Association's coffee skills program.
This will be SA's first time that training in all five of the SCA specialist modules will be done in one week!
These modules include Barista Skills, Brewing, Green Coffee, Roasting and Sensory Skills. The following courses will be hosted:
- SCA Barista skills courses: Foundation, Intermediate + Professional
- SCA Brewing courses: Foundation
- SCA Sensory skills: Foundation
- SCA Green Coffee: Foundation
- SCA Roasting: Foundation, Intermediate & Professional
Interactive coffee experiences
Let's have fun with Coffee! Toro will be hosting several evening events with interactive and informative coffee experiences, presented by some of SA's best coffee personalities.
- Geisha Village coffee experience - by Winston Thomas
- Coffee tasting & pairing - by Stevo Kühn
- Home barista course - by Stevo Kühn and Brüder Coffee
Coffee Community day - 26 Feb
For all the Coffee lovers - We will have a Coffee Community Day on Saturday, celebrating the coffee industry!
Join the buzz at Roots Venue as we enjoy everything coffee with coffee related stalls, demonstrations talks, and industry competitions.
- Lots of coffee
- Street food
- Gin bar
- Beverage stalls & bar
- Coffee tools & gear
- Brewing demonstrations
- Latte Art Throwdown
- Cup Tasters competition
- Brewing competition
- Beat the Heat (Barista team challenge) - by La Marzocco
- The World Coffee Stage - Donovan McLagen, Winston Thomas, & Stevo Kühn
- Sustainability & Transparency in Green Coffee - David Walstra
- Building a brand in Coffee